Dr. Arthur Kezian
Dr. Narine Tashjian
Clinical Dentistry Articels: Return to top
Brushing Tips - Although tooth brushing seems to be something that
you shouldn’t even pay attention to when doing it, there are a few things
to consider if you wish to maximize the efficiency of your brushing. Begin
by selecting toothpaste that works well for your teeth.
Rules to get shinier, whiter teeth - A
beautiful smile requires perfect teeth. But yellow or brown stains caused
by coffee, tea, red wine or cigarettes are not such a nice view. In order
to get rid of these nasty stains we need to take extra care of our teeth.
The most important thing we have to do is to brush our teeth twice a day for
at least one minute.
is Dental Floride?-
Keeping your child's teeth healthy requires more than just daily
brushing. During a routine well-child exam, you may be surprised to find the
doctor examining your child's teeth and asking you about your water supply.
That's because fluoride, a substance that's found naturally in water, plays
an important role in healthy tooth development and cavity prevention.
is Periodontal (GUM) Disease?-
Periodontal (gum) diseases, including gingivitis and periodontitis,
are serious infections that, left untreated, can lead to tooth loss. The word
periodontal literally means "around the tooth." Periodontal disease
is a chronic bacterial infection that affects the gums and bone supporting
is TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome)?-
It is estimated that 10 million Americans suffer from TMJ syndrome,
a condition in which the temporomandibular joint does not function properly.
This is the joint that connects the temporal bone (the bone that forms the
sides of the scull) with the mandible (the jaw bone).
Patient Information Articels: Return to top
to choose a Los Angeles Dentist - Considering your teeth, their aspect,
beauty, and their health, is a major concern, one you should really pay attention
to. Instant help and advice from professionals is of course what everyone
needs and wants. But finding a dentist to suit your personal needs is a more
is a toothbrush - In this
material we are going to present everything there is to know about the toothbrushes.
A general definition of the toothbrush would be the following: it is a small
type of brush that is used in order to clean teeth. In order to obtain the
best result it is advisable to use toothpaste.
- Invisalign - Invisible Braces are clearly different and an effective science / technology that has revolutionized orthodontics. Say good-bye to metal brackets and wires, and hello to invisible, removable appliances called aligners. The aligners are virtually undetectable and they go unnoticed when speaking in social situations.Clear Braces can give you that beautiful smile by straightening your teeth without anyone knowing.
- Teeth Whitening - Whitening of the teeth is performed for patients who desire a brighter smile. Tooth whitening can be performed to reduce discoloration and staining, or simply to provide the patient with whiter, brighter teeth.
Dental News Articels: Return to top
- Overcome your fear of going to the dentist - from a dentist’s point of view - There are a lot of psychological issues involved in a simple trip to the dentist. By nature, people fear instruments such as needles and other sharp objects, and the dentist’s office has plenty of those! This is why it is important to find a dentist that is both good at dentistry and a good psychologist as well.
- Dental Injuries - Trauma to the face or teeth can result from auto accidents, falls, and injury from sports such as football, hockey, soccer, volleyball, basketball, and baseball, etc. Patients suffering significant head, neck or facial trauma should be evaluated and treated in hospital emergency rooms.
- Pregnancy Gingivitis - is common during pregnancy because hormonal changes during pregnancy may exaggerate the body's normal response to dental plaque. This hormonal increase exaggerates the way the gum tissues react to the bacteria in plaque, resulting in an increased likelihood that a pregnant woman will develop pregnancy gingivitis if her daily plaque control is not adequate.
- Tetracycline Staining - Tetracycline is a potent antibiotic, and many women took this drug during pregnancy prior to 1980. It was especially widely used in the 1950s. Consequently, adults who were born before 1980 may be at risk for stubborn gray stains on their teeth.
Dental Articles 2012
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Tuesday & Thursday: Evening Appointments
*Any emergency request will be given priority.