What to Do When You Need an Emergency Dentist
By Arthur Kezian
When you find yourself searching “emergency dentist near me” there are a few things that you should do. First, try to be as calm as possible. Next, follow these steps to assess your situation and find the care that you need.
Let’s look at what defines an emergency:
- Any treatment that would be required to save a tooth due to disease or trauma to the area,
- A dental problem that requires treatment to stop continual tissue bleeding,
- An issue that is causing severe pain,
- And dental issues that point to an abscess or infection, as these can be life threatening and need immediate attention.
Once you have assessed your situation and find yourself in need of an emergency dentist, take a few steps to ease pain and make your treatment a success.
Follow these guidelines:
- If you have had trauma to your mouth and have lost or broken a tooth you can do a few things to help make your dental visit and your procedure go more smoothly. First, wash your hands before touching your mouth. Next, if you have broken process of your teeth, save them. If you have bleeding, do your best to control it by applying direct pressure to the area.
- If you have severe pain that is not helped by over the counter pain medication you will most likely want to contact an emergency dentist. Severe pain can signal infection and this should be dealt with as soon as possible as it can be very dangerous, even life threatening, if not taken care of.
The easiest way to find a dentist who will see you in an emergency situation is to enter a search for an emergency dentist near me.
At this point, consider a few things:
- How close is the dentist to you? If you can drive and a few minutes more might not heavily affect your condition, traveling a bit more for the right dentist might not be an issue.
- If you carry it, you may want to check with the dentist to see if they accept your insurance. Some dental emergencies can be covered under traditional medical insurance while others need to be covered under dental insurance.
- Make sure that the dentist you choose is licensed by the State Licensing Board. You should not need to hunt for this information, it should be listed plainly and clearly on their website.
- While searching, check the qualifications of the dentist. While proximity to their office is a concern, a well-qualified dentist will be more valuable and helpful.
Finding an Emergency Dentist Near Me
We all strive for good dental health. But even the most cautious and careful among us find ourselves in a difficult situation from time to time. When you find yourself in need of an emergency dentist near you these tips will help you get the necessary treatment.
If you are in need of an emergency dentist, contact our helpful dental staff today!
Dr. Arthur A. Kezian DDS 443 N. Larchmont Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90004 (323) 467-2777